Friday, January 25, 2008

Add-In: Webguide for Windows Home Server

   

Official Description from ASCIIExpress:

      

WebGuide for Windows Home Server enables you to remotely access, listen, watch and stream your music, photos and videos stored on your home server while away from home.

  • Integrates with Windows Home Server remote website via homepage link and single-signon.
  • Access your photos with thumbnails, "zoom" and exif-data.
  • Browse your music library and listen to it via the web.
  • Stream your videos/movies at multiple resolutions and bitrates.
  • Mobile access to your music and videos from Windows Mobile devices.

    Description from ME:

    I think this is one of the best add-ins for Windows Home Server.  The fact that they made it free is even sweeter.  I would have gladly paid for it.  As I have paid for the Media Center version in the past. 

    - The prism feature works great to link my Vista Media Center PC to my Windows Home Server to be able to access media there.  Also to schedule recordings over the web = awesome.

    - Even though my upstream bandwidth does not support most of the streaming features, only at very low bitrates.  DSL in Rochester NY is some of the fastest, but the up/down ratio for home use blows.

    I think this is an add in worth mentioning and I hope all you people like it too.  Here are some screenshots.

    whs_home whs_musicwhs_videoswhs_pictures

    Support and Download

  • No comments: